Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday 22nd October 06:45 hrs...

..of mice and men!

My canvasses didn't arrive in the right order - so my pair of ballerinas will have to wait, I have one ballerina sitting before me and the other is still in limbo and as I want them to be a matching pair I have to paint them both at the same time.

However, I have sitting beside me "The Seventh Veil" all ready to go. A beautiful photograph taken by my friend Gabriele - and that is what I shall start today - the canvas is 1130mm x 730mm (51" x 29") - a good size, when finished the model will just look life sized! I'll be painting it all in black and white and then adding a mediteranean skin tone to it at the end...

..it will look pretty much like the photograph, apart from the fact I might just put a hint of "ski-slope" on her nose to make it slightly less "Roman"...




..I'll try to post tonight a photograph of how I've got on...

(did you notice that I didn't moan about the "blog's interface" today - I must be getting the hang of it...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home