Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday 22nd October 17:15

...what a gloomy day we've had in here today - the light was OK for painting this morning but this afternoon was dreadful. Nonetheless I got a good deal of work done this morning and family things this afternoon.

When I'm painting I reach a point - like "The Wall" for runners ...etc. It is a point where I am often overcome with "overwhelmingly-crushing-self-doubt" and it usually happens about 2/3rds the way through a piece. It is a dreadful time where I start to think to myself "..this is never gonna fly..." - Well, today I put into practice something which I think will help me through this...

..I painted the face first, in all it's beauty. Now, as I work through the rest of the painting I'll be able to refer to this little bit and know "everything's going to be OK!"




Dinner and parenthood calls! Half term too for my daughter - that means little bits of painting here and there - and lots of computer games!!!

Cheers - hope you have fun too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home