Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday 10th November 17:20

Dear Diary,

Today we took the "Mona Lisa" to school - for the grand unveiling. The head had called for a full school assembly and as you can see there were quite a lot of them! it was funny to think that each of the children I could see before me had taken painted some of the our painting. A few bits and pieces were said and then I was asked to stand up and unveil their painting...



..it was a such magical moment - lots of "gasps" and "whoops" - job done! I duly thanked them all - I wanted to say that it had been an honour and a pleasure to work with such talented artist's - but apparently I didn't say anything like that (not the best public speaker...) but I did get a thank you or two in there!

After the assembly the children's parents were welcomed in to see what all the fuss was about - I had a chat with a few of them - one said "My boy told me about this - he said he'd been painting with mud!"



On top of all that I made a determined effort to get some more of "The Veil" painted! I attacked it with a vengence today and got quite a bit done - I can't wait until this is finished...



..have fun! I'm now going to find a quiet corner and hiberbate for the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home