Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday 8th November 12:30

We did it!!!!!!!

And this is what all the fuss was about...

..yesterday I went back to school!

The headmistress and I had set up a very special art project for the children - they were all going to help me paint a famous painting and that is exactly what we did! I set up at about 07:30 and the children started to come to me from 08:00 and throughout the day. In total over 200 people helped me yesterday to put this together...



..the best thing is that as we painted certain areas I then hid what we had done under a second loose canvas - the pupils and staff still don't know what they have painted yet - there is going to be a full school assembly later in the week where we will unveil it. the plan is that we will sell small limited edition prints to the children's parents to help raise money for school funds.

Quite by "chance" the press arrived at lunchtime. This was great for me as I hearded everyone, all but the press, Susie my helper and the headmistress out of the "studio" - we had a photoshoot and I got to see how things were progressing - you can imagine how relieved I was when I heard a few gasps and saw that it was working out!



It was one of the most stressful yet rewarding projects I have ever undertaken! And today I feel wonderful - and absolutely worn out!

Have fun!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home